The Master Class on Data and Technology in Finance provides an in-depth but intuitive discussion of current trends.
The combination of new data and technology is an increasingly important source of value in the financial sector, raising key questions about the future of finance in a digital world. The Master Class on Data and Technology in Finance provides an in-depth but intuitive discussion of current trends. The class illustrates key concepts by focusing on the use of text as data in various financial applications to help participants think critically about the opportunities and challenges new data and tools bring in their organization.
The discussion will be conducted by Prof. Dr. Laurent Frésard, SFI Senior Chair, Università della Svizzera italiana.
Following the Master Class, participants are invited to a networking aperitif.
- The various types of new data (structured and unstructured) relevant for the financial sector
- The new tools based on artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)
- The rising importance of “prediction”: combining new (big) data and (fast) tools
- Fintech as a by-product of combining data and tools
- Current and potential applications in finance
- Use case and detailed illustration: the power of text as data
- Text-based applications: investing, chatbots, RegTech, robo-analysts, clients’ profiling, fraud and money-laundering detection, credit screening, uncertainty and sentiment measurement, and credit screening
- Challenges: data protection, privacy, ethics, regulatory changes
Quai du Mont-Blanc 13