The Master Class explores how ML/AI will reshape the financial sector.
Machine learning and artificial intelligence (ML/AI) are disrupting the financial sector in an unprecedented manner. The Master Class explores how ML/AI will reshape the financial sector. The class starts with a review of the ML/AI workflow. Easy-to-grasp explanations of available ML/AI algorithms and trends will demystify the ML/AI language. A deep dive into use cases and applications in banking and finance and collaborative group work to identify future applications will illustrate how ML/AI can benefit the participant in her/his organization.
The discussion will be conducted by Prof. Dr. Norman Schürhoff, SFI Senior Chair, University of Lausanne.
Following the Master Class, participants are invited to a networking aperitif.
- What is ML/AI?
- Machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) workflow
- ML/AI algorithms available today: Supervised regression/classification, semi-supervised, unsupervised learning
- Trends in ML/AI technologies: Auto-ML, De-Blackboxing, Open-source AI
- What are applications, opportunities, and challenges for ML/AI in banking & finance?
- Applications in risk management, Investment management, Early warning systems, Fraud and money-laundering prevention, Customer service/Digital assistants, Underwriting and trade settlement, Algorithmic trading, etc.
- How can ML/AI help me and my organization?
- Case studies & development of future use cases
- Showcasing & hands-on experience in ML/AI
- Current issues: Organization issues, Competition aspects, Data portability and open Banking
Quai du Mont-Blanc 13