This event is aimed at managers and decision-makers from the investment sector of Swiss family offices, insurance firms and pension funds.
This event, which is organized by the Swiss Private Equity & Corporate Finance Association in cooperation with the venture capital companies btov Partners and VI Partners, is aimed at managers and decision-makers from the investment sector of Swiss family offices, insurance firms and pension funds.
Highly developed startup ecosystems such as Silicon Valley in the USA offer institutional investors exciting investment opportunities and have a very lasting influence on the competitiveness and economic strength of their region. Particularly important in this context are the regular investments of US pension funds in venture capital funds that focus on Silicon Valley. Swiss pension funds, on the other hand, have little involvement in venture capital in Europe. Family offices and insurance firms already make up a significant part of the investment volume in venture capital funds, however the potential could be much higher.
The aim of the event is to present the venture capital sector as an asset class to selected pension funds, insurance firms and family office decision-makers by examining the structure of this sector in its entirety, presenting venture capital approaches relevant to institutional investors and discussing them between participants and speakers.
Key questions of the event:
- What is the economic significance of the asset class venture capital as a driving force for innovation?
- What is the involvement of pension funds in the USA vs. Europe, what are the effects of this involvement and what are the returns?
- How does the business of a venture capital company work in practice?
- What concrete venture capital investment opportunities are there for pension funds and family offices in the Swiss context?
- Walter Reinl, Partner and Managing Director, BCG
- Diego Braguglia, Managing Partner, VI Partners AG
- Dr. Hauke Brede, Geschäftsführer, UP2INVEST GmbH
- Andreas Goeldi, Partner, btov Partners AG
- Christian Winkler, Partner, btov Partners AG